Frisson IS one year old! we are a REALISTIC VICTORIAN ERA RPG FORUM ESTABLISHED IN 2017. WE ARE AN INTERACTIVE GROUP OF WRITERS. STORYLINES AND PLOTS CAN BE MATURE AND CONTAIN GRAPHIC VIOLENCE, SO THIS SITE IS FOR THOSE OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE.
Winter, 1876
Setting: Period Specific Cities
October - December
Featured Want ads

Add Reply

Little Talks, ISO Izzy
Mr. Alexander Porter
Laele25
Washington State
PST
She, Her
Laele75
Ahanu Keme
- Natives -
"Treat the earth well: We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children."

- Age -
Married
- relationship status -
Horse Trader
- occupation -

A
hanu Keme was still in a bit of shock as he led Izzy across the camp and back to her tent. While they'd talked about having children and he'd even teased her the night before about giving her many babies, the reality stirred much more complicated emotions. He wanted to announce it to everyone right at that moment, but he also didn't want to speak to anyone but Izzy until he had worked through all of his thoughts and feelings. Until she was ready to tell everyone, he would try to contain himself.

Then there was the matter of her refusing to tell him of her concerns about his feelings for Nitara Catori or her worries about their marriage. Instead of talking to him when he had asked her what was wrong, she had pushed him away and made excuses. While some of that was probably because of the baby, he didn't ever want her to believe she couldn't talk to him. He'd hidden his concerns and worries from everyone and had made himself miserable in the process. Izzy had become his outlet and he didn't want her to feel she had to keep her worries from him, especially when it was something he'd done or said that had hurt her.

While he was still worried about Nitara Catori, especially considering the transgressions of her white husband, Izzy had his attention once they were alone in her tent. Ahanu Keme wrapped her up in his arms, still trying to regain his composure completely. "I love you," he murmured against her brow, then leaned down to kiss her. Even with his concerns, he was still elated at the prospect of becoming a father.

But that was not the foremost concern in his mind. "I never meant for you to think I was giving up on our marriage." he said as he pressed his brow to hers. He didn't want to be physically further away from her then he had to be right now. He'd missed her so much, it'd been painful. "If I have done something to worry. Upset you. Tell me. I cannot endure another night like last night." He hadn't felt so alone and hopeless since his father's death.

Miss Elizabeth Porter
Seraphina
Texas
Central
She/Her
Seraphina#4890
Izzy
- American -
We are the authors to our stories now.

- Age -
Married to Ahanu Keme
- relationship status -
Teacher
- occupation -

Notes:
I'll take your hand when thunder roars
Words:
I didn't know that I was starving
'til I tasted you
Izzy followed Ahanu Keme from the tent breathlessly. The weight of their past three days here that had somehow layered itself on her shoulders melted away as Nitara released him from his obligation and now the overwhelming news of her pregnancy. She wondered what it would feel like to carry a baby inside her. Could she even feel it now? Unconsciously her hand went to her stomach; wondering what it would be like to feel such a thing.. but nothing felt any different than it ever did.

She climbed into the tent ahead of Ahanu and turned as he closed the flap; taking a deep breath as he closed the distance immediately between them and folded her in his arms. The warmth of his body..his strength and the smell of his skin.. so familiar. But three days without him and she felt dehydrated. She smiled gratefully as he murmured her words against her temple; affirming his love for her before his mouth slanted over hers; devouring hungrily and she met his eagerness passionately; her hands lifting to cradle his head; fingertips sliding into the smooth hair at his temple. Even now she was keyed up; her body anxious for what it'd lacked for so long.

But he did not take her immediately to bed.. instead he worked through apologizing. She shook her head against his brow; fighting back the lump that was forming in her throat. Her brave warrior.. so stoic in his resolve was just as torn up about their days apart as she was.

Her hands held his cheeks as she rained kisses over him; over his nose and eyes and forehead as he told her of his struggle. "I see that now.. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. All of this... you... Have been.. too good to be true. I keep.. waiting for the rug to be swept out from under me. Your devotion to Nitara and her family.. it overrode everything when she returned. I kept thinking that I couldn't compete against her. You've known her for years. They're your family. And when she called, you were there."

She let her hands fall down to his chest; curling around his waist to hold him close as she tucked her head beneath his chin so she could listen to his heartbeat. "It was just..confirming all of my fears. That you would come back and remember why you proposed to her... and that your devotion to her and her family would replace me. But I didn't want to say anything because I... I felt selfish. I'm an outsider here. All I have is you. ...And then you didn't come home last night.." That lump finally stunted her ability to speak; tears welling up in her eyes. She sucked in a deep breath and choked out her words. "I though for sure you'd left."

She paused a moment before leaning back to look up at him. "Please.. always come home. Always come back to me. I couldn't bear not having you beside me." She was exhausted from not sleeping the night before. She saw now why she was so very tired all the time...but the lack of sleep coupled with the strangled anxiety of not having him there.. of the idea that he could be with Nitara while she lay alone in her bed was soul crushing.

Vel¤

Mr. Alexander Porter
Laele25
Washington State
PST
She, Her
Laele75
Ahanu Keme
- Natives -
"Treat the earth well: We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children."

- Age -
Married
- relationship status -
Horse Trader
- occupation -

T
here was much they needed to discuss, not to mention most Arapaho women did not lay with their husbands during their pregnancies or the time they nursed their babies. Ahanu Keme knew whites were very prudish, he expected their traditions to be similar. Even if it would be difficult, he would not add his desires to her worries. He had endured far worse than a few years of celibacy.

Ahanu Keme shook his head as she apologized, explained the horrors she'd convinced herself of. "Never," he assured her. "I was marrying Nitara Catori for duty. To truly become a member of her family. I sat with her for the same reason. Because she is my sister and would not settle and heal if I did not sit with her. I would do the same for any one of my people if it meant saving a life." He understood her jealousy to a point, but he was also hurt she didn't even give him a chance to explain himself. "I am not comparing the two of you. I never have. You are both strong women in different ways. Neither is better than the other. I love you. Only you." That had been the hardest part to come to terms with. Because loving a white woman who had been randomly dropped in his lap made no sense at all. But his heart did not care. He loved Izzy.

He wrapped Izzy up in his arms more snugly as she curled into him, resting his chin atop her head. "No," he soothed. "I did not want to be there. I wanted to be with you. But you pushed me away and would not speak to me. I thought you wanted to be alone." Part of it was cultural differences. White men could apparently impose themselves on their women as they pleased. Arapaho culture made it clear she did not have to endure his company if she did not desire it. Especially in her home. "I will always come home, but you must tell me when I have hurt you. When something is hurting you. Because I cannot fix what I do not know. I could only think you did not want me." It hurt to admit that, but Ahanu Keme had not manufactured her coldness and distance. Why she would want him near so badly but push him away at the same time made little sense. But she was young and with child. He could not totally fault her because of those to two reasons alone.

Ahanu Keme was no longer conflicted about going to war. He was done fighting a war they couldn't win. Survival was more important. He had a family now, a wife and a child on the way. He needed to put them before his honor. Making war on the whites again would just take him away from where he was needed most and risk his life needlessly. "I will always come home to you," he assured her. "There is no place I would rather be." He leaned down to kiss her again. "I am needed here more than anywhere else. I see that now."

Miss Elizabeth Porter
Seraphina
Texas
Central
She/Her
Seraphina#4890
Izzy
- American -

- Age -
Married to Ahanu Keme
- relationship status -
Teacher
- occupation -

Notes:
Words:
'til I tasted you
Izzy couldn't imagine being without Ahanu Keme for so many months on end.. to not feel his touch or his lips on her. She was quite accustomed to the ways of her own people. Ahanu had already decimated those ideals within the first few hours of their commitment to each other. She couldn't imagine going backwards. His desires were now her own. She craved him like air and water.

She knew duty was what drove him to return to Nitara when she returned. It was that duty.. that honor of his that drove her to overthink; shut down in anticipation for the inevitable. She adored him for his character and she was willing to give up a lot to be with him. But she'd never be able to share him. And up until this morning, there was always that possibility if Nitara desired for him to fulfill his obligation to her. "Your duty was what concerned me."

She settled in beneath his chin; fingers tangling into his hair; wrapping strands around her fingertips as she took a deep breath. "I cannot share you any more than I could give you up. I will follow you to the ends of the world. I will give up corsets and.. cupcakes and warm baths in copper tubs with lavender soap. I will sleep on the ground and ride for hours in a saddle until my legs go numb without complaining. But I can't share you with another woman. I can stand up to what comes in your future. But I had no chance against your past. Against the promises you've already made because your honor would have forced you to stand by your promise. ...I should have talked to you. ..But I felt like I knew what you would say and I couldn't bear to hear it."

He leaned down and kissed her again; assuring her he'd always come home and she kissed him back anxiously between words. "Even if I am upset with you..or angry. This is your home as much as it is mine. You belong here. With me." She forced out a chuckle. "Even if I don't want to talk to you.. I will always want you to come home."

Vel¤

Mr. Alexander Porter
Laele25
Washington State
PST
She, Her
Laele75
Ahanu Keme
- Natives -

- Age -
Married
- relationship status -
Horse Trader
- occupation -

S
he spoke of things she'd given up for him as if Ahanu Keme didn't know of her sacrifices. He was shaking his head at her words, as she kept insisting like he would try to force her to be a wife with Nitara Catori. That wasn't how it worked. "Izzy-" he tried to correct her, but she kept forging ahead. "Izzy, listen. If you do not want me to take another wife, to lay with other women, I will not." If she had spoken to him when he asked, told him any of this, he would have explained. The fact she did not trust him hurt. Especially she felt she could not trust him enough to talk to him. "I would rather you tell me," he said. "I would not make such a decision without speaking to you first."

He nodded at her words. "Even if you don't want to talk to me," he agreed with a wry smile. "I will come home and ask what troubles you." He did not want to endure any more separations, especially over something that was so easily solved by talking. "I would rather be at home with you than anywhere." Ahanu Keme rested his brow against Izzy's. "Although I think you impressed Askuwhetaa. I will have to watch to be certain he does not try to steal you." His friend would never steal his wife in anything but jest, but with the worst of the hurt between them resolved, he hoped teasing her would help calm her tears.

Miss Elizabeth Porter
Seraphina
Texas
Central
She/Her
Seraphina#4890
Izzy
- American -

- Age -
Married to Ahanu Keme
- relationship status -
Teacher
- occupation -

Notes:
Words:
'til I tasted you
Now that she was talking she couldn't stop. Her words tumbled out like a flood that she'd been holding back for days. Even when he tried to slow her; to ease her anxiety she couldn't stop. She hated not speaking to him. She chattered at him for the last month without ceasing about every little topic she could think of and he'd always listened intently; laughed at the right moments or contemplated questions appropriately. She'd built up a scenario in her head that would have never happened and allowed it to manifest and control her mental health. It had nothing to do with not trusting Ahanu. She trusted him with her life. But she knew his character; how noble he was. She didn't know Nitara.. but she did know that if Ahanu was her fiance, she'd never let a silly white girl come into her camp and take what was hers.

Now that that threat was eliminated.. now that Nitara had broken off the engagement officially, she knew she could go forward more confidently. She wasn't worried about girls in the future. Ahanu was far too honorable to be with someone behind her back.. and he would talk to her about a second wife if the subject ever came up. He confirmed that now with his promise. Nitara was the unknown variable from his past.

She brushed kisses against his mouth; over his cheeks and face; over the bridge of his nose as she stood on her toes to reach him. "I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry, my love. I should have talked to you. I've always talked to you. The one time I didn't and I made us both miserable. Please don't hate me.. please don't be mad at me!"

His words melted her heart. She wanted him with her as much as he did. She adored living atop him in this tiny dark, smokey little tent. When he pulled away and leaned against her brow; telling her that Askuwhetaa might try to steal her she gasped; horrified by such an idea. Would he really do such a thing?? ..But Ahanu's eyes were filled with amusement. Izzy cried in protest and nudged his waist. "That's HORRIBLE! ...As if you would ever let him.. " She bit her lower lip; her eyes still wet with tears as she sunk her nails into his side; tickling him. "Besides...if he even tried I'd....Make him regret it... "

Vel¤

Mr. Alexander Porter
Laele25
Washington State
PST
She, Her
Laele75
Ahanu Keme
- Natives -

- Age -
Married
- relationship status -
Horse Trader
- occupation -

T
he scenario he had begun painting in his own head was no better, but he was more experienced and less likely to act rashly or rush to conclusions. Izzy had dealt with everything so well, it was easy to forget she was so young and sheltered. And with child. That alone had a tendency to make women more irritable.

Her tearful apology made his heart hurt. "It's all right," he assured her, arms going around her waist as he leaned down so she could rain kisses on his face more easily. "I love you. You've done nothing that cannot be forgiven. Forgive me for running away and hiding. I behaved little better than you." It had been a misunderstanding. Considering the difference in their ways, a minor one at that.

He laughed softly as Izzy sulked at his teasing and tried to tickle him. "Hookeciihiht woh'óoó," he teased, catching her hands and pulling her close for a kiss. Ahanu Keme knew he should not be indulging in kissing and loveplay, but after the separation and the turmoil, he wanted nothing more than to demonstrate how much he loved her physically.

His hands released hers and moved her hips, pressing their bodies together. He was already getting aroused, two days had been the longest time he'd gone without making love to Izzy. Two years was beginning to seem less feasible than he'd first thought. Especially as he'd not managed twenty minutes in her presence without becoming aroused and needing. "It is going to be hard not to make love to you for so long," he groaned against her mouth. Part of him was hoping the whites' traditions were different, but he pushed down that selfish thought. Izzy had already been far too generous with him in that respect. Part of the reason she had become pregnant so quickly. Still, he did not let go of Izzy, nor stop kissing or touching her. Even if he could not make love to her because of their child, didn't mean he had to keep himself from her entirely. There were other ways to find pleasure.

Miss Elizabeth Porter
Seraphina
Texas
Central
She/Her
Seraphina#4890
Izzy
- American -

- Age -
Married to Ahanu Keme
- relationship status -
Teacher
- occupation -

Notes:
Words:
'til I tasted you
She could feel the muscles easing in his frame as the tension from the past few days faded away when her kisses washed over him. With each of them so quick to forgive each other's transgressions it made it easier to make up quickly. But Izzy wasn't the type to hold on to hurt. There was too little time in this world to dwell in past transgressions once they were forgiven. His teasing helped break the tension.. more so when he used Askuwhetaa's new name for her. "OH!" She doubled down on her efforts of tickling him before he caught her hands and pulled her against him to kiss her deeply.

She ceased her assault; immediately anxious for his attention after so long apart. His hand released hers and they lifted to press against his bare chest; tangling in his hair as he pulled her hips against him. She sucked in a breath; wanting nothing more than to spend the late morning curled up in his arms making love. Already she could feel the press of his desire for her against her stomach and she was less than inclined to stop him. If anyone enjoyed their coupling as much as him it was she; he'd changed everything she'd ever known about relations with ones husband and how amazing it could be.. so much so it occupied every waking thought. The touch of his hands.. the way his hips moved against her when they were between her legs. How her body seemed to alight with fire with each kiss..each caress.

Hence why, when he murmured against her lips that it would be difficult to not make love to her she was confused. The idea of such at thing seemed.. ridiculous and out of place with what they were doing now. "Hmm..?" Her mouth left his as he spoke; moving down his jaw and over his neck; nicking at the sensitive skin on his neck and along his collarbones. "What're do you mean...?" Her hands moved down his chest and over the tight ridges of his waist. The idea of not being with him.. of not making love to him couldn't be further from her mind. Being pregnant wasn't going to keep her from enjoying her husband.

Vel¤

Mr. Alexander Porter
Laele25
Washington State
PST
She, Her
Laele75
Ahanu Keme
- Natives -

- Age -
Married
- relationship status -
Horse Trader
- occupation -

H
e almost wished he was more ticklish considering the effort Izzy was making to try and punish him for his teasing. Unfortunately for her efforts, his skin was not anywhere near as sensitive as hers. If anything, her attempts to tickle him only aroused him further. Something she'd be well aware of as Ahanu Keme pressed their bodies closer and kissed her deeply.

It was difficult to think at all when Izzy was caressing his body and nipping at his flesh, let alone understand her words. Ahanu Keme let out a low groan as her hands slid down his sides to his waist, the blood pounding past his ears towards his groin making it even harder to think and respond. He had to still her hands and take a moment to himself before he could even speak. Not making love to her for two years might be an impossibility, considering the effect just being close to her had on him.

"Arapaho women do not lie with their men when they are with child." he explained. He had no idea why. He'd never been married and had no reason to question the tradition. Ahanu Keme was trying to compose himself more without pulling away. Izzy might take it as a rejection and he wanted to be close to her even more now than before. "They do not receive their husbands again until the child is weaned." Which sounded like an eternity at that moment. This was why men took multiple wives or visited two-spirits and unattached women to see to their needs. Izzy had already stated quite firmly that she would not allow such a thing. Ahanu Keme reminded himself there were other ways to find pleasure without penetration. For both of them. It would just take all of his iron discipline to resist his desire for her. Izzy had been far too generous with him in that matter and had spoiled him by never refusing him.

Miss Elizabeth Porter
Seraphina
Texas
Central
She/Her
Seraphina#4890
Izzy
- American -

- Age -
Married to Ahanu Keme
- relationship status -
Teacher
- occupation -

Notes:
Words:
'til I tasted you
Izzy chuckled against his flesh as he told her the Arapaho did not have sex with their wives while they were pregnant or nursing. The idea was preposterous. There was no way that could be true. But even now, Ahanu remained slightly reserved. Where as normally her administrations would have garnered her a swift toss onto the blankets so he could take her in the only display of carnal savagery she'd ever seen from him.. a display she was most eager to receive. But when he didn't lift her up and pin her to the blankets she leaned back to look up at him; her brown eyes full of doubt. He was tense with the need to not take her and after a minute, her grin faltered. "Y..your serious..." Her entire demeanor shifted; fingers fell from his waist and she sucked in a deep breath. Oh she wished she had a mother at this time to speak with.. that could tell her the right way to go forward. She looked as if he'd just tugged the rug out from under her.. and he had. She couldn't go months.. no.. years?? Years! without having him! It was paramount to torture! "I can't go that long without you!"

Oh she felt ill.. and it had nothing to do with the pregnancy. She was sure the men of her own culture did not wait that long. Oh sure it was difficult after a time...when one became too large.. But there were many families that had children less than a year apart! There was no way they waited until their first was done nursing.. And she felt fine! Why could she not be with him?? The world felt HORRIBLY unfair to give her such a gift and then pull it away!

Her eyes welled up with tears. DRAT Why did they come so easily, lately?? "Then I don't want any more! There must be something we can do.. I will not jeopardize my relationship with you. I need you." She clenched her jaw; resolving to have no more children. If she had to live by his peoples ways then she would figure out a way to abide by their rules without torturing herself in the process.

Vel¤

Mr. Alexander Porter
Laele25
Washington State
PST
She, Her
Laele75
Ahanu Keme
- Natives -

- Age -
Married
- relationship status -
Horse Trader
- occupation -

S
he misunderstood him. Or he had misspoken. Not all women followed the traditions, especially the younger generations whose lives were so fleeting. Much to the clucking disdain of some of the older women. In the end, the decision was hers. He'd told her more than once in such matters he would not force her. He meant he would not deprive her either.

"I am going to be here the whole time," he reminded her. "There are other ways to bring each other pleasure." Again, he'd forgotten how young and sheltered she was. Especially with no mother to guide her. Her tears made his heart clench up and he felt badly for upsetting her. She was with child, her emotions were running mad from it. He knew better and should have broached the topic more gently. Unfortunately, the blood had been going nowhere near his head and had dulled his reason.

Especially when she childishly blurted out she didn't wish to have any more children if that was the case. "Izzy-" he soothed, drawing her close. She was so young and knew so little of the world beyond the schoolhouse she had been raised in. "There is more to love than physical pleasure. It is just one part. And if you do not wish to refrain, we do not have to. It is your body, you know better than I how you feel." Ahanu Keme shooks his head. "We do not have many rules like the white men. Traditions are honored, but nothing must be done. When I say it is our way, that does not mean it is a rule." There were many traditions and much etiquette but much of the marriage was left between the man and the woman or women to decide.

Miss Elizabeth Porter
Seraphina
Texas
Central
She/Her
Seraphina#4890
Izzy
- American -

- Age -
Married to Ahanu Keme
- relationship status -
Teacher
- occupation -

Notes:
Words:
'til I tasted you
She felt as if he were placating her. Of course there were other things that could be done... but they all seemed like a precursor for the main act. She saw no reason why they needed to stop doing anything unless it would be a danger for her or the child. Besides.. it was his own fault. She was fairly certain many men were not as proficiently skilled at pleasing their partner as he was.. At least, when listening to the older married women in society would lead one to believe that. The act of being with ones husband was tantamount to a chore instead of something to look forward to. She could see how they would enjoy going months or even years in between times of intimacy.

Izzy did not feel that way about Ahanu. She craved him like water.. like food. She needed his touch and desired his proximity. Denying her any amount of time with him was like depriving her of air. Yes she was being dramatic. She probably could have not started crying. But today had been a rather emotional day. It'd been a rather emotional past few days. To be told they were now relegated to heavy petting and only talking or spending time together without being physically together was just too much. Not that all of that wasn't lovely.. but she wanted nothing between them just as much as he did. She'd once told him he wouldn't ever have the need for a second wife with her; that she would love him enough for however many wives he thought he could care for and she meant that.

Finally he pulled her close to calm her as her anxiety began to peak. His explanation that it was simply a tradition and one that didn't need to be followed flustered her. How could he possibly think she'd be able to quit him cold turkey? She gave a huff of indignation as she sniffled back her tears. "That's a ...horrible tradition. If I'm not in danger, nor the baby then there should be no reason for it. Perhaps other wives do not enjoy their husbands, but I do. ...and since it is merely a tradition and not a rule I insist you begin breaking it. Right now."

Her fingers went to his waist to unlatch his belt as if in emphasis. She looked up at him; those dark eyes still watery and that lower lip turned out as if daring him to deny her.. to tell her they should follow this tradition of theirs. "You've not laid with me in two full nights.. are you so easily able to quit me?"

Vel¤

Mr. Alexander Porter
Laele25
Washington State
PST
She, Her
Laele75
Ahanu Keme
- Natives -

- Age -
Married
- relationship status -
Horse Trader
- occupation -

T
he idea sexual pleasure would be anything but mutual between a man and his wife was ridiculous. Men who did not please their wives often found themselves put out of the tent. Ahanu Keme had been very careful, especially with what she had told him about how relations in marriage was viewed by white society. Completely ridiculous, as everything else they believed seemed to be.

Even if she did turn away from him until the baby was born and weaned, Ahanu Keme would not defy her wishes and visit other women for his needs. Izzy had been adamantly clear about the subject. If he wished to keep her as a wife, he would lay with her alone. For him, the matter was settled.

It was a daunting tradition considering how easily she aroused him. Ahanu Keme couldn't help but be relieved when Izzy dismissed it as impractical, then laughed as she demanded he immediately break that tradition. "Since you insist," he teased as he caught the material of her dress and started tugging it upward as she unfastened his belt. "I would be a poor husband if I did not heed your demands."

Ahanu Keme was torn between continuing to disrobe her or trying to calm her worries. He leaned down to press his brow to hers, his hands still working her dress up. "I never said it would be easy," he reminded her. No, it would be a feat heard only in stories, Ahanu Keme had fought for two days when they met to resist her and failed badly. "But I had to give you the choice." He was not a white man, he would not give her orders and dictate her life to her. Especially when it involved her body and matters women were far more knowledgeable about.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution