Frisson IS one year old! we are a REALISTIC VICTORIAN ERA RPG FORUM ESTABLISHED IN 2017. WE ARE AN INTERACTIVE GROUP OF WRITERS. STORYLINES AND PLOTS CAN BE MATURE AND CONTAIN GRAPHIC VIOLENCE, SO THIS SITE IS FOR THOSE OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE.
Winter, 1876
Setting: Period Specific Cities
October - December
Featured Want ads

Add Reply

Crow, Casper, 36, Outlaw
Casper Crow
Strawberry
Tennessee
She
Berry
Casper Crow
- American -

- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
Outlaw
- occupation -

Casper Crow
Biography
Played By
FACE CLAIM - Rodrigo Santoro
WILLING TO SHARE - No
HOW DOES YOUR CHARACTER FIT INTO EXISTING SITE DYNAMICS: He is an injured outlaw, being helped by the crawford family. He is using them for cover and laying low.

Personal
NICKNAME - Casper Crow, or Cas
NATIONALITY - American/Mexican mix
TITLE OR OCCUPATION - Outlaw
AGE - 36
GENDER - Male
SEXUAL ORIENTATION - Heterosexual

Standing
ECONOMIC STATUS - Poor
EDUCATION - Very little schooling. He can mostly read.
LOCATION - Outside Augusta, Kansas

Appearance
EYES - Brown
HEIGHT - 6'1
BUILD - slim but athletic

Family
Mother: Marisol Navarro
Father: Most likely a soldier by the name of John Black

Personality
Casper is a daring, manipulative, charismatic bastard who cares very little for his fellow man. He tends to be selfish and craves near constant excitement. For a lot of people, he can come across as intense and controlling. His temper is truly a thing to behold and it’s quick to flare up. Now that he is older, though, he is getting tired of dancing with death. Lately he has been considering trying to earn an honest living, but he’s not positive it will be feasible. He’s not a humble man, and though he isn’t afraid of hard work, pretty soon he might need to prove to himself he’s still got the guts to pull off a heist.

He is cunning in the worst way, always planning how he might take someone for all their worth, even if he doesn’t actually go through with it. His biting humor has earned him friends but also a few punches to the face over the years. Some people know when to quit before an argument starts but that’s when he’s just warming up.

Interests
Cards, fast women, and a prize that can’t be won.

Aversions
Preachers, crowds, moral speeches

Strengths
Casper is an excellent shot with a six shooter, an avid rider, and quick on his feet. He’s intelligent and creative, though he didn’t have the proper schooling to hone those skills in the correct way. They’ve been allowed to roam a little too freely and he frequently uses his abilities to his own ends. He is also bilingual.

Weaknesses
He is horrible at retaining friends. Something inevitably goes wrong, whether he rips them off, shoots them, or they get into a heated argument and vow never to see each other again. Casper also can’t read and write overly well and his math is even worse. This has led to fist fights between him and gang members who were a little more educated but he is by no means a minority. It does mean, however, that he has to guard his money more than the average person and that he isn’t a quick letter reader, with the result that if he comes upon valuable books that could be turned for a profit, he’ll frequently leave them behind. He’s also been known to show up in the wrong town because he misread the signs.

Even though Casper is bilingual, he can barely write in English and has a hard time reading it; he cannot read or write in Spanish at all. He also can’t walk away from an argument. He has to have the last word

History

Marisol Navarro was a young Mexican woman who traveled around with a US Army Captain named John Black. It was unclear to anyone who dared to ask whether Marisol was there with Captain Black because she wanted to be, or because she was forced. Sometimes she would service other men, besides Captain Black but that was infrequent. It wasn’t until Marisol fell pregnant that Captain Black decided he didn’t need her company anymore. She was unceremoniously dumped off in the middle of nowhere, near Omaha, Nebraska. She gave birth to a son she named Dante Navarro.

It wasn’t long after his birth that his mother began to whore with regularity. She was hired by a saloon owner who allowed her to keep Dante there with her, provided she cook and clean on top of her other duties. This arrangement worked out well enough and his earliest memories were of being on the knee of the saloon owner after the saloon had closed, watching the man count coins and notes.

The saloon owner, though affable enough, was not the father figure that Dante wished for. No one took the bastard son of the mexican whore under their wing until he was sixteen years old. It was then the leader of a gang rode into town and stopped in the saloon. He watched as Dante roamed the corners of the room, darting in and cleaning tables, occasionally stealing food straight off of patron’s plates or drinking their beer when they weren’t looking. By then it was evident that Dante would turn out good looking once he got past his awkward teenage years. The leader, a man by the name of Marshall Rice, took him aside, and asked if he wanted to join their gang, believing Dante could be extremely useful in the future.

Marisol was resolutely against it. She’d had her heart set on her son joining the army so that he could make a reputable living for himself and marry a nice girl. Knowing full well of his heritage, Dante jumped at the chance to ride with a real outlaw. The problem came when Rice told him that he’d have to have a horse to be able to come with them. His first hurdle. Marisol did not have enough money set aside to buy a horse and frankly, neither did he. Rice was leaving in the morning though, and he needed one by then.

Waiting until the town was asleep, he stole across the street where an old Indian smith had set up shop. In the smithy was a middle aged paint. Dante made sure the old indian was sound asleep before going into the stall and leading the horse out, through the town, sticking to the sides of buildings and never on the main road. All he’d taken of his things was a bed roll and one change of clothes. It was all he had. He met Rice and the rest of the outlaws outside the city at dawn, never to return to Omaha as Dante Navarro again. Rice told him it would be better for his mother if he changed his name. On a whim, he chose the name Casper Crow, believing the meaning of Casper 'Treasurer' might bring him fortune when Rice told him what it meant. Crow was in homage to the Indian from whom he'd stolen the horse.

Under Rice’s tutelage, not only did he learn to ride his horse as though he’d been born in the saddle, but he learned to shoot as well. Rice taught him how to steal, how to plan, and ultimately, how to kill. It was Rice who took him to his first whore house, and Rice who, with unending patience, helped him track down John Black. It had been Casper’s aim to kill the man but they were too late. They found Black’s gravestone, learning that he had died during a battle with the Arapaho indians, leaving behind a wife and three children back east.

Rice became the surrogate father that Casper never had, though the relationship was anything but easy. Rice was a hard, exacting man with high expectations and a short fuse. It was from him that Casper learned the hard way that failure was not an option and that mistakes would be rectified through blood. He learned that while Rice valued him, and treated him like a bastard son, that he would absolutely cut him out of shares if he could get away with it. Casper never really questioned the relationship further than thinking that he both loved Rice and would kill him if the argument between them escalated past a certain point.

Marisol never did marry her saloon employer. She is still there, though she is a little old to be whoring. She instead manages new girls that the Saloon owner brings in. She follows her son’s exploits in the papers and hides clippings about him under her mattress. She’s quietly proud of how handsome he is in his latest wanted poster and fondly showed it to the Saloon owner, who agreed that while the boy was handsome, he’d absolutely turn him in for the reward money should he try to come back home.

In the blink of an eye, Casper’s life changed. During a train robbery, Rice made a grave miscalculation. The train they raided did not hold passengers but soldiers. Most of the gang was killed or captured. Rice himself was taken while Casper, from horseback attempted to save him. This idiotic attempt to save Rice ended with a bloody shootout. Casper’s paint was shot out from beneath him and he rolled into some bushes, able to escape into the night. He walked and walked, not knowing how bad his injuries were but knowing he couldn’t stay near the tracks. He finally collapsed at the edge of a line of fencing and lay there until Mr. Crawford found him in the early morning.

They did what they could for the worst of his bullet wounds and he lay in one of their beds, waiting to die. Night came and went; morning rose. Still he hung on, fighting with a resilience he thought was long gone, attended by a pretty girl who didn’t seem at all afraid of him. Figuring out they knew nothing of his identity, Casper certainly wasn’t going to tell them. Their way of life was slow and incredibly boring at first, but they were nice to him and genuinely trusting. He’s beginning to wonder if he might be able to stay on the farm and forget Rice and his promises of glory.
Relationships
Friends

- At the moment, his only 'friends' are the Crawford family. At least until they find out his identity. Until then? They're as close as he's come to friends in a little bit. Other than them, Marshall Rice. Though he's about to be hanged...

Lovers

- No one of any consequence

Enemies

- Most of Nebraska, Kansas, and the public in general.

About the Author
The Basics

OOC ALIAS: - Strawberry
CBOX NAME - Berry
OOC AGE - 30
OOC GENDER - Female

HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT FRISSON? - RPG directory

Writing With Me

LIST 3 (OR MORE) RULES ABOUT YOUR WRITING PREFERENCES

I like to keep the pace moving in threads. If they get slow and bogged down, and aren’t seeming to work towards some end, it can be a bit cumbersome. I know that sounds a little bit harsh but I like clear goals when plotting.

Please, please, please communicate and tell me if it’s going to be awhile before you reply or if you’re getting bored. I am more than willing to wait but I’ve been ghosted before and it’s not a nice feeling. I also promise to let you know if the thread is going a little wonky or if I’ll be on a hiatus.

I like weird plots. Like, unusual events. I guess it kinda harkens back to pacing. The more that happens in a thread, the more exciting it is to write for.

LIST 3 (OR MORE) OF YOUR WRITING DISLIKES

If we have plotted for something to happen to your character or mine, let’s actually make it happen. It seems like people are afraid for their characters to get hurt or to actually cause harm to mine. It’s ok, I promise!

Ghosting a thread, as listed above.

If we’re going to do any sex scenes, I’d much rather do a fade to black thing? I’m cool with most things leading up to it but the actual deed I feel is better (for me) not to be explicitly written.

Seraphina
Seraphina
Texas
central
She/Her
Seraphina
Sera
- Admin -
I have a masters degree in american literature. There is nothing I can't handle. -- Ezra, PLL

- Age -
Married
- relationship status -
Sales
- occupation -

user posted image

Welcome to Frisson!
Please take a moment to add your new character to the member directory, face claims list and title or occupations list (if applicable.)

Also, please be sure to fill out all pertinent IC and OOC information under your userCP.

Thank you, and we look forward to reading your work!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution